Are you a U.S. licensed amateur radio operator with a General, Advanced, or Extra Class license?
If so, keep reading!
UPDATE: May 8, 2019
Ever wonder what it’s like to operate a big HF station in another part of the world without ever leaving your home?
Here’s your opportunity from one of the most competitive HF contest stations on the west coast. Click here to see contest scores.
Wait, you said contest station? Does that mean the station is only for contests or contesters?
Not at all. It just means the station plays, which ragchewers and DXers will appreciate too.
The station features stacked mono-banders on 10m, 15m, 20m and 40m, an 80m two element beam, full-size verticals on 80m and 160m, an Acom 2000a amplifier with either a K3 virtual radio, or the K3/0. Enjoy contesting, ragchewing, or DXing, all from your computer.
I’m also on site to answer any questions or provide support.
Located on Camano Island in the State of Washington (WA-003S), the station overlooks the Puget Sound on a bluff about 200′ above sea level. Enjoy great take off angles to EU, Asia, South America, and Africa.
Terrain Analysis Snapshot
4/4 stack to Europe on 40m:
4/4 stack to Japan on 40m:
4/4 stack to South America on 40m:
Lower 4-element beam to USA on 40m:
Renting the Station
If you’re interested in renting the station, let’s talk. Send me a message using the form below.
The remote station is currently SO1R, but plans are in the works for a full SO2R remote operation. The station features a K3 radio, Acom 2000a amplifier, antenna stacks, N1MM logging program, WSJT-X and more. See K7RL Station Tour for more details.
Terms & Conditions
- You must possess a valid U.S. amateur radio license.
- All transmissions must adhere to proper operating standards and rules as set forth by the FCC.
- You may only use your call sign, and must operate in the designated frequencies as indicated by your license class.
- As an option, you may use /W7 at the end of your call, but when referring to your location, you must use the QTH of the station, which is Washington State. The city is Camano Island, and as a point of interest, is WA-003S in the U.S. Islands directory.
- I’m certain this won’t apply to you, but it must be said that use of offensive language, intentionally interfering with transmissions, or other such behavior deemed not in the spirit of ham radio is strictly forbidden.
- Use of the station is only for the licensed operator renting it. You may not share your time with another operator, unless specific permission is granted in advance. In the case of multiple operators, each one must possess a valid amateur radio license and be identified prior to operating.
Please be sure to stay within the above guidelines as any violation of these rules may result in immediate disconnection and forfeiture of any funds paid.
For details connecting to the station, also see: